With pool landscaping there are a number of issues you will need to consider in addition to visual impact. A pool needs to look beautiful, and will often do so with little additional consideration except where to put it, but it requires a Charleston landscape designer to place it so that it fits its environment and doesn’t look like it’s been dropped into place indiscriminately; furthermore the landscape designer must address other elements such as safety and privacy within their plans and design.
Plants can serve to integrate an in-ground swimming pool into a beautiful backyard escape. Their shapes contrast the more rigid lines of a pool and break up the more uniform lines and shapes of the pool. They soften the surfaces overall and bring the garden to the pool, rather than allow the pool merely to enter the garden. From the pool user’s point of view it can create a far more relaxed environment and give even the pools manufactured and watery interior a sense of being integrated and natural.
Types of Plants for Pools Charleston Landscape Design
It is not, of course, necessary to insist upon plants that can reside in an wet environment since a pool is unlikely to greatly affect the water levels in the local area as a natural water hole or pond would; so the first consideration might be to choose plants which require little in the way of maintenance, little pruning and are not likely to drop many leaves or fruit into the pool thereby creating greater pool maintenance problem.
For safety reasons an area of decking or concrete will often surround a pool, providing a solid and non slip surface for bathers; this might encourage the use of potted plants or enclosed plant beds near the pool so that the possibility of wet earth either on the poolside or in the pool can be minimized. Trees will often be grown close to a pool for their decorative effect but also for the shade they provide; both from the sun and as a means for providing privacy to bathers in and out of the pool. Shrubs, bushes and low fences might be used in similar ways.
Properly attending to your pool landscaping needs will ensure you end up with a relaxing and safe environment which will be as nice to look at as to be in and look out from.
Porter Hayes Landscaping has extensive experience in creating a pool side landscaping design that is both functional and eye-appealing. Call today to discuss your dream backyard escape and landscape design.
Porter Hayes Landscaping LLC
Charleston, SC 29419
Water damage is an issue that the majority of homeowners fear. When it rains here in the Myrtle Beach area for a long periods of time or large quantities of rain in a short period of time, the danger of water damage increases. Water can trigger countless dollars’ worth of damage by destroying wood furnishings, upholstery and family heirlooms, electronic devices, home appliances, and plumbing system equipment. Water damage also enhances the threat of mold development, which is a very costly issue to remediate. Employing a water damage remediation specialist can make the cleanup procedure easier to handle, as these businesses use seasoned employees who understand the best methods to fix or replace harmed products and help with water damage cleanup.
Causes of Water Damage
There are a number of possible causes of water damage. Dripping dish washing machines, busted pipes, obstructed toilets, broken dishwasher hoses, over running washing machines, dripping roofs, plumbing leaks, and foundation cracks are simply a few of the possible reasons for water damage in houses and businesses. Heavy rains leading to flooding like we experienced here in Myrtle Beach last fall are other possible reasons for this type of damage and can cause having water in crawl spaces. Too much water can lead to small problems such as water in crawl space locations, or it can result in the destruction of homes and businesses. Once a house or company sustains water damage, it is important to start the water damage clean-up right away. Starting water damage clean-up as quickly as possible boosts the possibility of conserving water-soaked furnishings, carpets, rugs, clothes, and other home items.
Categories of Water Damage
Assessing the seriousness of the damage is essential for identifying exactly what is needed to begin water damage repair work and water removal. There are a number of different categories designated to water damage.
- Category 1 refers to clean water, or water that does not pose a danger to people. Possible reasons for this type of damage consist of sink overflows or broken appliances.
- Category 2 water is likewise called gray water. This suggests that the water is infected and might cause sickness of ingested. This type of water includes bacteria. Busted toilets, damaged sump pumps, and seepage may trigger category 2 water damage.
- Category 3 water is called black water. This kind of water is unhygienic, as it contains algae, bacteria and other molecules that can cause your family to become ill. The possible sources of black water damage include contamination of standing water and sewage issues.
There are likewise a number of classes of water damage. The class of damage is important when examining water damage repair work options.
- Class 1 is the least hazardous kind of damage. Products absorb very little of the water from this type of damage. Water damage repair is the simplest in this kind of situation.
- Class 2 has an especially fast rate of evaporation, which means that furniture with upholstery and rugs and carpets have absorbed the water and may be damaged. Because of the Water absorption level, repair is more difficult when it includes class 2 damage.
- Class 3 has the fastest rate of evaporation. In this case, the water may originate from busted sprinklers or other overhead sources, soaking the walls and furniture.
- Class 4 requires unique water remediation and water elimination treatments. This kind of damage might impact hardwood floors, plaster, and concrete.
The water restoration procedure is a vital one. Utilizing the right procedures and materials can assist people conserve valued valuables as well as prevent their homes from being condemned. Water remediation companies specialize in reducing the effects of water, but the success for water damage remediation depends on the intensity of the damage and the amount of water that triggered the damage. Water remediation business may work with outdoors professionals to evaluate a home and figure out a water remediation and water elimination plan. These water restoration companies normally use state-of-the-art devices and well-documented procedures to manage water damage. Water in crawl spaces under your foundation may only need a short cleanup process, but water in other areas of the structure will require substantial removal.
Consider Health Hazards
It is important to employ one of these water damage remediation companies as soon as possible after water damage happens. Wetness promotes the development of mold and other organisms, enhancing the danger for serious health issue. Mold direct exposure may worsen allergic reaction and asthma signs, specifically in children and individuals with jeopardized body immune systems. Exposure may also increase the threat for respiratory diseases and other medical issues. Cleaning up right away can help alleviate the health effects of water damage on everyone in a home or commercial space.
Call MB Restoration Pros today when you even suspect water damage to you home.
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Water damage is a problem that the majority of property owners fear. When it rains here in the Myrtle Beach location for a long periods of time or huge amounts of rain in a brief time period, the danger of water damage increases. Water can set off numerous dollars’ worth of damage by damaging wood home furnishings, upholstery and household heirlooms, electronic devices, home appliances, and plumbing system equipment. Water damage also enhances the danger of mold advancement, which is an extremely costly problem to remediate. Using a water damage removal expert can make the cleanup procedure easier to handle, as these businesses use seasoned staff members who comprehend the best approaches to fix or change hurt items and assist with water damage clean-up.
Causes of Water Damage
There are a variety of possible causes of water damage. Dripping dish washing devices, busted pipelines, blocked toilets, damaged dishwashing machine tubes, over running washing devices, leaking roofs, plumbing leakages, and foundation cracks are just a few of the possible factors for water damage in homes and companies. Heavy rains resulting in flooding like we experienced here in Myrtle Beach last fall are other possible reasons for this kind of damage and can trigger having water in crawl areas. Too much water can cause small problems such as water in crawl area places, or it can lead to the destruction of homes and companies. Once a house or company sustains water damage, it is very important to start the water damage clean-up immediately. Beginning water damage clean-up as quickly as possible increases the possibility of saving water-soaked furnishings, carpets, rugs, clothes, and other house items.
Categories of Water Damage
Assessing the seriousness of the damage is essential for recognizing exactly what is had to start water damage repair work and water elimination. There are a variety of various classifications designated to water damage.
Classification 1 refers to clean water, or water that does not position a threat to people. Possible factors for this kind of damage include sink overflows or broken home appliances.
Classification 2 water is likewise called gray water. This suggests that the water is contaminated and may trigger sickness of consumed. This type of water includes germs. Busted toilets, damaged sump pumps, and seepage may activate category 2 water damage.
Classification 3 water is called black water. This sort of water is unclean, as it includes algae, bacteria and other molecules that can cause your household to become ill. The possible sources of black water damage consist of contamination of standing water and sewage problems.
There are similarly a number of classes of water damage. The class of damage is very important when examining water damage repair work alternatives.
Class 1 is the least dangerous sort of damage. Products take in very little of the water from this type of damage. Water damage repair is the easiest in this kind of situation.
Class 2 has a specifically quick rate of evaporation, which implies that furnishings with upholstery and rugs and carpetings have actually taken in the water and may be damaged. Because of the Water absorption level, repair work is harder when it consists of class 2 damage.
Class 3 has the fastest rate of evaporation. In this case, the water might stem from busted sprinklers or other overhead sources, soaking the walls and furnishings.
Class 4 requires special water remediation and water elimination treatments. This type of damage may affect hardwood floors, plaster, and concrete.
The water remediation procedure is a crucial one. Utilizing the right procedures and products can help people conserve valued belongings along with avoid their houses from being condemned. Water removal companies focus on decreasing the effects of water, but the success for water damage removal depends upon the intensity of the damage and the amount of water that activated the damage. Water removal company may work with outdoors professionals to assess a home and figure out a water removal and water removal plan. These water restoration companies normally use advanced gadgets and well-documented procedures to manage water damage. Water in crawl spaces under your foundation might just require a short clean-up procedure, but water in other areas of the structure will require considerable removal.
Think about Health Hazards
It is essential to use one of these water damage remediation companies as quickly as possible after water damage occurs. Wetness promotes the development of mold and other organisms, boosting the risk for severe health issue. Mold direct exposure might aggravate allergy and asthma signs, specifically in kids and individuals with threatened body body immune systems. Exposure may likewise enhance the hazard for respiratory conditions and other medical issues. Tidying up right away can assist alleviate the health results of water damage on everybody in a house or commercial area.
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
The shape of your flower beds might be a feature you would like to emphasize and create landscape borders between, for example, your grass and your flower beds can both accentuate these shapes and assist in keeping both tidier. Landscape edging, such as this kind of border, can render a clean, polished and sophisticated look to your garden yet is a simple and cheap technique. There are many different ways you can create a border, depending upon the style you prefer; you might use wood, stone or plastic borders or almost any other material whether bought especially for the task or created yourself.
Gardeners and landscape designers will often use wood for its natural effect. Therefore, whether you use treated or untreated wood may depend upon your reasons for choosing it as a border material. Untreated wood will tend to rot and break down and need to be replaced but this is also a part of its natural look. For the most organic style you might use branches chopped to size, perhaps even bound together and pushed into the edge of your flower bed. Many people like to use chopped timber such as two by four or even old railroad ties or fence posts. In fact, these can help to emphasize the angular qualities of a flower bed’s shape; or else, cut into short lengths, you might even trace a curve with them.
Stone is another natural favorite among Charleston landscape designers. In fact, often stones are collected over time especially for the purpose of decorating an edge. The variety of shapes and sizes adds an interesting quality to the line of the border. Otherwise, stones of all shapes and sizes may be bought from a garden center. Bricks and stone slabs are variations on this idea, often bringing additional color to the garden.
Finally, there is a large industry surrounding the design and creation of plastic shapes to be used as borders and edges for garden flower beds; whether as imitation fences or other structures this can be a highly ornamental and decorative solution, available in many colors and shapes there will be something for most tastes. As with everything else in your garden design it is good to consider the overall effect of your decision and how it fits in with the rest of the garden. Whether you decide to use a readymade border or something entirely unique to you, such as broken pottery, your landscape borders will enhance and decorate your flower beds and further individualize the look of your garden.
Porter Landscaping specializes in landscape design and the effective use of borders. Call us today for help with designing and installing beautiful hardscape designs.
Porter Hayes Landscaping LLC
Charleston, SC 29419
After а hard day’s work, whаt уоu need іѕ а hot shower tо relax аnd soothe аll thоѕе strained nerves оf уоur body. Hоwеvеr, іt іѕ а big disappointment whеn іt has low pressure. Whеn уоu аrе expecting а steaming torrent оf hot water, whаt уоu get іѕ а whimper. It іѕ highly inconvenient whеn уоu have а shower head wіth а low water pressure. Personally, I love thе feeling оf hot needles оf water hitting mу face аnd thоrоughlу rinsing mу hair іn thе process. Sо whеn your shower turns оut tо have low water pressure, it is time to decided tо do something аbоut іt, аѕ soon аѕ possible.
Dealing Wіth а Low Pressure Shower Problem
One оf thе prime reasons whу уоur shower head has water flowing оut аt very low pressure, іѕ іtѕ inbuilt design whісh allows fоr limits pressure. In order tо achieve economy оf water flow аnd save money spent оn water bills, thе designers have built thе heads thаt way. Othеr thаn thаt, thеrе mау bе many more reasons, whісh wе wіll explore.
Fix Low Water Pressure аt Water Main Line
If low water pressure іѕ а problem thаt іѕ affecting аll уоur fixtures, including thе shower head, thеn уоu wіll have tо check thе flow volume settings оf уоur water main line whісh mау have bееn set tо low. A change іn thе volume settings mау solve уоur problem quіtе easily.
Remove Flow Constrictor
Most shower heads аrе fitted wіth а device called thе flow constrictor, whоѕе function іѕ tо reduce water pressure. It іѕ а plastic object wіth perforations іn bеtwееn fitted іn thе head іtѕеlf. All heads fоr low pressure water аrе equipped wіth thіѕ. Tо solve thе problem, аll уоu need tо do іѕ remove thіѕ constrictor. Check оut thе kind оf attachment thе head has. It wіll mоѕtlу have а screw fitted іn, thаt attaches іt wіth thе water supply pipe. Tо lеt thе water pressure increase, take а screwdriver аnd remove thе head. Locate thе constrictor аnd pull іt оut. Lаtеr уоu саn fix thе head bасk again. Thіѕ wіll dеfіnіtеlу solve thе problem.
Clean Clogged Shower Head
Dеѕріtе removing thе constrictor, іf thе low pressure still persists, thеn уоu need tо thоrоughlу clean thе head аnd open uр blocked perforations tо restore pressure tо normal. Remove thе head аnd clean uр аll thе deposits thаt block water flow, wіth а wire brush аnd vinegar. Make sure thаt аll holes аrе completely cleaned оut tо restore pressure bасk tо normal.
Change thе Shower Head
If none оf these suggestions work, replace thе head tо increase water pressure. Simply go fоr high pressure heads аnd replace уоur low pressure one. Go fоr thе best one available іn thе market.
All thаt уоu need tо do іѕ follow thе аbоvе suggestions аnd enjoy а high pressure shower anytime.
Call us today for all of your plumbing needs.
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
For affiliate marketing business owners, it is a terrific idea to utilize numerous affiliate marketing traffic strategies to drive a lot of high quality traffic to your website. Among the most effective marketing traffic techniques is to place the online classified advertisements in the categorized advertisements directory site website. With the direct-to-the-point categorized ads and affiliate links, the chances to earn more affiliate commission will be opened.
You will find pointers and actions to write the high efficient online classified ads to transform the readers to buyers and increase skyrocket your affiliate commission. Lots of studies show that those online classified ads directory site sites, such as The National Trader, are preferred and the most considered place where the sellers and buyers go to meet specific needs. However, without the appropriate strategies of composing terrific classified advertisements, it is obvious that you cannot generate more sales and earn a big commission online.
Strategies for Classified Ads
- Identify Your Target market. The primary steps before composing your own online categorized advertisements is to determine your target audience. You have to specify the characteristic and the behavior of individuals in the market. Certainly, it has been shown that they will help you improve and comprehend the people and the market. Also, you have to discover the issue and propose the option for exactly what individuals are looking in the marketplace.
- Choose What Action You Desired People to Take. The 2nd step of composing the effective online categorized ads is to decide exactly what sort of action you desire people to take. There are numerous actions such as subscribing to an opt-in list, buying your products or services, downloading your totally free short articles or downloading a series of reports. This is an excellent action to identify and choose the purpose of your online categorized ads. With the exact target audiences and action you require people to take, you are in the excellent position to create more sales and earn affiliate commission through the online classified advertisements.
- Address Clear, Complete and Concise Advantages of Products. This is a critical action to transform the readers into buyers. You have to note all possible advantages of products toward to your readers (or possible purchasers). Many experiences reveal that you can sell your affiliate products quickly with the clear, complete and succinct advantages, not product features. You can begin considering how your product can assist other people better. Maybe, you can begin with the following concerns:
- Exactly what do they get when they purchase your products?
- Do your products assist them better?
- What is inside for them?
- Do your products fix their issues?
- Include A Strong Call-to-Action. To succeed in composing the online classified advertisements and achieve the actions what you desire people to take; you have to state clear and strong call-to-action statements in your classified ads. With the call-to-action, you are asking your individuals to do the action what you need. However, to write the strong call-to-action phrase, you need to keep in mind that you have to offer clear, complete and concise. With the clear, complete and concise call-to-action phrase, the opportunities for individuals to click through your affiliate links or visit your site are enhanced. Also, the chances to create more sales will be enhanced.
- Concentrate on the Online Classified advertisement Layout. Many researches reveal that neglecting the proper design is not a terrific idea for composing the reliable online categorized advertisements. It has currently proven that the layout is among the most considerable aspects for your success in writing online categorized ads. There are lots of sort of layout formats such as bolding, italics, highlighting, images, color and white space. You must focus on those design formats for your online classified advertisements. However, the highest recommendation is that you must not overdo it. With the overdo action, your online classified advertisements will resemble spam ads. Normally, there are no any guidelines for laying out the online categorized ads. You have to check the layout and keep testing for optimize your benefits.
- Check the Online Classified advertisement Style. To make the most of the benefits of your online classified ads, you need to test extensively the style of your ads between plain text and HTML. Lots of research studies reveal that you have to keep an eye on, track and examine the style closely in order to guarantee that you are optimizing the benefits of online classified advertisements. Also, you ought to keep an eye on which style can generate more sales for your business. The greatest recommendation for formatting the online categorized ads is that you need to compose successfully and format the online categorized ads professionally and catchy.
- Submit Your Online Classified Ads. The last step to improve escalate your affiliate commission, through the online categorized advertisements with the embedded affiliate links or affiliate site, is to submit those advertisements to widely known and great ranking classified advertisements directory. Certainly, you should list all your ads in the classified ads directory site as much as possible. There are many online classified advertisements directory site websites on the internet. You can begin searching from the online search engine.
Final ideas, the online classified advertisements are excellent alternative methods to enhance increase your affiliate commission. You can enhance your sales and profits dramatically when you put the efficient and professional online classified ads and list those ads in the directory site site. All you have to do are to:
- to identify your audience
- choose the action for your reader
- location advantages
- include strong call-to-action phrase
- concentrate on design
- test the advertisements style
- send the online classified ads.
With these ideas and actions, you will remain in the fantastic position to write high conversion rate online categorized ads and increase your earnings online.Now that you know what needs to go into a classified ad, why not place your add in The National Trader today.
The National Trader, Inc.
2126 Lake View Circle, Suite 105
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29575
When you have decided to design your garden or backyard retreat it is the landscape planning that comes first and must be the most important job to get right. Many people are nervous when designing something themselves and look to experts or Charleston Landscape professionals to do the job for them or reassure them in some way that what they are doing is right. Of course, that is what the professionals are there for but if it is fear of doing it yourself that causes you to turn to help then a few tips might take that fear away and show you that you are not only capable of doing it yourself but, in fact, you may well even prefer it.
Before you do anything else you need to know some basic essentials about your yard. You need to know what the local climate is like: is it predominately sunny, rainy, wet, windy, etc? You need to know what sort of soil you have in your area and what kind of plant life it will support best. You need to know which direction the sun rises and sets and where the areas of shade are in your garden or outdoor retreat. Together, these details will provide an outline of what sort of plants you can support in your garden and what sort of an environment you have to work with. This may seem simple but it is absolutely essential and you may be surprised to know how often hapless homeowners waste time and money on choices they would never have made if they had done this simple research.
There are probably as many different approaches to planning a garden as there are people to do the planning. So while I endorse this approach I cannot assure you it is the only or best one; but it is productive. When you make yourself familiar with the climate and conditions of your garden you can make yourself familiar with the kind of plants and environments it can support. As you do this, as you familiarize yourself with what your options are, you must try to remain aware of how you respond to each option. Some plants you might automatically like, others you may feel less enthusiastic about. It may be a color, it may be a shape, it may be the name of a plant or something about its history or prior use that attracts you. This response is important because it can direct you towards a theme, by remaining conscious of your reactions as you research then you become aware of what sort of a garden would be the sort that you would enjoy.
If you find the shapes of plants appeal to you then use this as your predominant organizing theme, if it is colors, then that is the way to go; if you are intrigued by historical aspects then use that interest as a means to arrange your garden’s design. In so many ways it is the indulgence you allow yourself which assists you in making decisions about your plan, and as these decisions are made the next steps are dictated by their requirements; Landscape planning isn’t a dry pursuit but an extension of the enjoyment you experience in researching your new backyard retreat.
Porter Hayes Landscaping is your Charleston landscape design professional. Call today to an on-site evaluation of your landscape design needs.
Porter Hayes Landscaping LLC
Charleston, SC 29419
If you are a homeowner, then the time will eventually come when you will either need to repair or replace your roof. This can be a daunting task and finding the right company or person to do the job can be tough. But we’re going to clue you in a few very important tips. With all the roofing companies out there, so many of them do not take pride in their work, or will take expensive shortcuts that will cost you a lot of money down the road, not to mention the headache of a job done incorrectly.
Things You Need To Know in Choosing Right Roofing Contractor
- Never sign a contract without first reading through it thoroughly. It can seem like a tedious task, but contracts are set up to protect both parties and you should never sign on the dotted line until you’re confident that you understand the agreement from both sides. The roofing contractor wants to make sure he gets paid, of course, but the customer, on the other hand, wants to makes sure he isn’t being duped into unfair terms.
- Always do your research. Take the time to do some homework and find out all the info you can by using Google and checking places like the BBB (Better Business Bureau). You should always expect your roofing contractor to be well represented by the BBB, as this will allow you to see any reviews or complaints filed. The BBB requires these contractors to uphold high standards of job performance as well as customer satisfaction.
- Ask for references. Reading reviews online is a great way to start learning about a company or contractor, but you always need to get a few references you can call in order to learn how the contractor did business and if there were any errors or weakness in his work. It’s also a great way to find out all the good things!
- Be sure to get a guarantee for the work performed! You need to ask what the protocol is if your new roof has problematic issues right after it’s been installed. Guarantees will ensure that the problem be resolved quickly. Any quality roofing contractor will have no problem with this and will want to make sure you as the customer are satisfied with the work done.
- Don’t forget the details! Learn a little about roofing from your own research and ask some important questions about his techniques. Not all roofing contractors are dedicated and skilled professionals unfortunately, and might take shortcuts that would cause major problems. An example of this might be something like not hammering in every nail by hand when placing shingles. If the nails go in too deeply, it will cause your roof to leak. These kinds of questions will help you gauge how well your contractor knows his stuff.
For more helpful tips on roofing and roofing contractor, or a free estimate give us a call here at MB Roofing Pros. We want to help you get the best work done to your ultimate satisfaction!
MB Roofing Pros
5335 N. Kings Hwy #211B
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Lawn Sprinkler System News
Sprinkler systems are going green. Besides simply helping to keep your lawn an appealing shade of evergreen, automatic yard watering systems (as professional landscapers call them) offer unique environmentally friendly functions to save water. This is great news for everyone who is tired of hassling with dragging around a yard hose or, hand operated sprinkler to provide their turf with the water it requires. Even the typical pop-up lawn sprinklers are now being replaced by programmable variations for more effective water usage.
Prior to Setting up a Yard Irrigation System
Consider your lawn. An automatic irrigation system is best matched for a medium to large area, with appropriate drainage. If your soil is compressed or high in clay, you might wish to modify it or use another method of watering.
Consider your budget. Look at the overall cost of any irrigation system you are thinking about. Take into consideration the preliminary purchase rate including design, devices, and installation. Then include water use plus the expense to keep and repair the lawn sprinkler system for a more precise idea.
Consider your local regulations. You are likely to require a permit prior to you start digging in preparation for the sprinkler system install. You will definitely need to discover whether there are any power line or gas lines buried in the location where you’d like to set up the system– contact a one-call center to find out. In addition, check out the local water restrictions and make sure that your system will adhere.
Programmable Lawn Sprinkler Systems
Just as programmable smart home security systems have been established for the inside, there are now clever lawn systems too. You can purchase an extremely smart sprinkler system that might be configured to turn the flow on and off at the specific times you select, in order to optimize water use.
Your lawn irrigation system need to consist of a shut-off switch or rain sensor that overrides the timer, so that it doesn’t come on when it is needed the least … in the middle of a rainstorm. Some states have actually passed legislation making this an obligatory feature. To save water more, the lawn sprinkler can also be fitted with a soil wetness sensing unit.
Another kind of programmable lawn sprinkler can be set to spray only within your yard’s exact parameters, reducing water wastage through over-spray onto pavements or other unneeded locations. It is even efficient in watering around corners.
And what about the issue of varying quantities of sun? A section of your yard that is exposed to strong daylight for numerous hours a day will obviously require more water than a location in deep shade. You can set your lawn sprinkler to provide a shorter watering time to the shaded part.
Use Water Sensibly
Set up your system to water between 5 and 10 AM. This will enable the moisture to soak into your yard. Watering throughout the heat of the day, that is, in late early morning or afternoon, will cause inefficient use of water due to stronger winds and a much faster evaporation rate. Watering at night is also unfavorable due to the fact that the water will be taken in too gradually, possibly resulting in molds and plant conditions.
Check the sprinkler system periodically making sure it is directed properly and has not end up being blocked. Adjust the settings as the seasons modification and with them, your yard’s requirements.
Combine the use of an effective watering system with a conscientious yard care program. This may include verticutting (cutting the lawn vertically to prevent thatch buildup), trimming with sharp blades set to 2 1/2 to 3 inches, and mulching.
Call Porter Hayes Landscaping for a quote on adding an irrigation system for your law.
Porter Hayes Landscaping LLC
Charleston, SC 29419
With all of the rain we have had lately, you will want to keep a close eye on your pool. Because of the pollutants that are in the rain, you will want to test your swimming pool water to ensure that the pool is safe for your family and friends. You will also want to closely monitor the water level of your pool.
If you have a cover for your pool you can avoid some of these conditions, however, most Myrtle Beach home owners don’t bother with a cover once their swimming pool has been opened for the season.
A poorly maintained swimming pool can become the home of disease and germs. If care is not taken, your pool will become unsafe for swimming and can be the cause of infections.
Easy Steps For Swimming Pool Maintenance
Water testing – this is the most important step for your swimming pool safety. Graves Pools will be happy to test your swimming pool water and let you know the chemical components of your water and what needs to be changed. The primary area to check is the pH level and alkalinity of your water. As a rule of thumb, pH should be between 7.2 and 7.6. Alkalinity should be around 180ppm. If all of this is Greek to you, then you will want to bring your pool water to Elko for testing.
Sanitize – after your water is properly balanced, you will want to add chlorine, unless you have salt water chlorination. You want a level that is high enough to keep algae growth and bacteria under control. This is also something that can be tested when you bring your water in for testing. In most instances chlorine tablets will be added to your skimmer or some pools have a mechanical feeder. The tablets dissolve as the water flows over the tablets.
Shocking – This is a process that should be done n average once a week in addition to your regular chlorine treatment. This will ensure that contaminants can’t develop to cause a problem with your swimming pool. If you have a period where there is a lot of activity in your pool such as a holiday party, you will want to shock the swimming pool after the party is over to prevent any trouble with your pool.
Checking Calcium Hardness – this is another area where you will want to keep a close eye over the summer swimming season. If the water in your pool is too hard, it will cause the pH levels to increase which will cause a scale to form on your swimming pool. If this happens, you will want to add sodium hexametaphosphate. On the other side of the spectrum, if the water is too soft it can cause the vinyl liner of your pool to breakdown. In this situation, you will want to add calcium chloride dehydrate. Graves Pools has all the pool supplies that you will need.
Algae Control – if you are properly having your pool maintenance you should not have a problem with algae. A great way to prevent algae is to skim the top of your pool on a regular basis. With the rain and wind we have been experiencing in Myrtle Beach you will want to do this on a daily basis until the weather clears up.
Running your pump – all Myrtle Beach swimming pools have a circulation pump which keeps the water moving through the filters. This pump will help to remove any unwanted pollutants from your pool. Make sure that the pump is running for at least 4-5 hours every day.
Swimming Pool equipment – you need to take care of your pool equipment. This includes pumps, motors, timers, heaters, lights, pool covers, ladders, filters and more. You should backwash your filters on a regular basis. Check leaf baskets every day and make sure that your other equipment is in top shape.
At Graves Pools and Spas we have the necessary chemicals, pool supplies and water testing to keep your swimming pool in excellent shape during the summer fun swimming season. Don’t hesitate to stop by with a water sample or to ask your questions.
Graves Pools and Spas
132 Leisure Ln
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588